8.01.2008

Introducing Perfect Princess Minny

I would like to introduce you to Princess Minny. She is the one who started this whole freelance author adventure for me.

One night a while back,after Gwyni had gone to bed, I was lounging on the couch while my husband played video games. "Bored." I thought. I didn't want to watch tv. I had nothing interesting to read. As I sat there daydreaming, I began to visualize our visit to the zoo the day before. Gwyni had love the Arangutans.

Slowly at first, an idea for a children's story took shape. Soon, it had a plot and a flow to the story. So I put pen to paper and within 2 hours I'd written my first children's story.

Perfect Princess Minny is a about a little princess who is perfect at everything she does. One day she goes to the royal zoo, and sees the monkeys having a great time swinging and playing. She joins them for a day of rowdy swinging and rolling. And discovers that being perfect all the time isn't very fun. In the end, she gets to be a rowdy little kid for a while each day.

So today I made primped and polished Perfect Princess Minny, typed her a nice letter of introduction, and sent her out into the world to meet a couple of publishers.

Stay tuned for further updates on the trials and travels of Perfect Princess Minny!

Ta Ta!

No comments: